I just bought an AeroPress. I cannot figure out what the flat black folding component is. Looks like a weirdo handle? any ideas? Thank you – From Lynn S.

The flat black folding component is a stirrer that unfolds to stir the brewing coffee and folds back up to fit in the AeroPress Go when packed in the mug for travel. There is also a folding filter holder, capable of holding a week's supply of filters.